Wednesday, September 9, 2015

R.I.P TO HIP HOP PIONEER KOOL DJ AJ GOING HOME SERVICE FINALIZED!




I GOTTA SAY WE ARE LOSING OUR HIP HOP PIONEERING BROTHER ONE BY ONE!


THE GOING HOME SERVICE FOR KOOL DJ AJ INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED AS SOON THEY GET EVERYTHING IN ORDER!
  AJ Funeral service
Mother AME Zion Church
146 W 137th St
New York, NY  10030

WAKE FOR Aaron O'Bryant
 
Thursday September 17th 2015
Time 5pm to 9pm 
 
Homecoming Services
Friday September 18th 2015 
Time 10 AM


R.I.P FOREVER TO HIP HOP PIONEERING DJ & PROMOTER KOOL DJ AJ. Many may not know the man but I known AJ since 1975 we both came from the South Bronx AJ St Marys and Moore House and myself Vansilk John Adams but reppin Paterson Projects (281) But my txt this morning from Big Daddy Kane that AJ had passed, I called Kurtis Blow and then Ice T manager Mickey Bentson to make sure. Well KOOL DJ AJ aka Aaron O Bryant is important to me because he was the person the co sign me into HIP HOP at the time as a dj his MC was Kenny Gee, then Sonny Gee to Keith Cowboy who went on to be with Grandmaster Flash and the Furiou 5 and in the end he rode out with Busybee Starski. Now all this happened before the 1st record in Hip Hop was released in 1979. KOOL Dj Aj was a dj and Promoter and he was a better promoter then a dj but he was the Blueprint to all Hip Hop parties then He put me on as a promoter because I was one of his flyer guys handing out flyers..AJ created the HIP HOP battles called the MC CONVENTION OR MC BATTLE .To this date the now famous HIP HOP Battle between KOOL MOE DEE and BUSYBEE was promoted by myself Vansilk aka R C PAC JAM, KOOL DJ AJ and the HARLEM WORLD CREW which consist of DJ RANDY AND DARRYL whi both came from my projects JOHN ADAMS and Charlie Rock and Son of Sam who made up the Harlem World Crew. We were the promoter of KOOL MOE DEE Vs BUSYBEE Part 1 and 2. But AJ did many parties. M e and AJ argued about putting the Force MC's on but he didn't want to but I said fuck it I put the Force Mc's on way before they got signed to Tommy Boy Records. Its was me, Stevie D, Mercury and Dr. Rock the dj. I Put them in Harlem World and other places when no promoter wanted to mess with them. But they became popular and then all the other promoters wanted to book them. But thats is another Soap Opera. Back to Aj later on he became Kurtis Blow Dj and Kurtis decided to record song about Aj called Aj Scratch which is still a classic..Now that he is gone his legacy will live on. Over the years we became distant but my love for the man who put me down in Hip Hop would never be forgotten. .MISS YOU AJ! for more True Hip Hop 

KOOL DJ AJ R.I.P FORERVER
KURTIS BLOW SONG HE RECORDED FOR KOOL DJ AJ A HIP HOP CLASSIC
KOOL DJ AJ ON THE TURNTABLES 2009

FOR ALL TRUE HIP HOP HEADZ VISIT http://www.rapamania.com giving you all the elements of HIP HOP

No comments:

Post a Comment